There is an issue here ...
I'm not using a network printer, but I am seeing a similar issue with firewire since upgrading to Parallels 3.0. So I think ATXP has a point here.
In my case, despite having fw0 made "inactive", and "deleted" via ifconfig, and having removed it from the settings in my Network Preferences, fw0 is still getting a self-assigned IP number from somewhere (169.254.x.x - the last two numbers tend to vary after each reboot of my Mac).
There are three effects of this:
1. I get the following message: "mDNSResponder: getifaddrs ifa_netmask for fw0(7) Flags 8863 Family 2 169.254.195.248 has different family: 0" in the system log immediately after Parallels has completed initialisation (typically after it starts the DHCP/NAT daemon.
2. Browsing the Network from the Finder produces an incomplete list of Bonjour and SMB computers on my LAN.
3. NMAP now fails to work. It gives the following error message:
"getinterfaces: Failed to obtain MAC address for ethernet interface (fw0)" - it shouldn't even be trying to do this because fw0 is supposed to have been deleted/inactivated.
I have two other Macs which don't run Parallels and they don't see any of this behaviour.
So I do think there is an issue here.
MacBook Pro - 10.4.10 - Parallels 3.0