Turning off Outlook outgoing mail filter

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by janetu, Dec 8, 2015.

1. janetu

janetu Bit poster

I am running Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac, Version 11.1.1 (32312), on an iMac running OS X El Capitan.

I maintain a large mailing list for a community organization. Previously, I had maintained this on the Mac side using Safari without issue, sending one e-mail to the entire mailing list. However, as the list has grown, various recipient's ISPs consider any e-mail sent by me to be spam. It is not practical to get every recipient to change their spam settings to allow my e-mails, nor is it practical on my side to break the master distribution list into multiple smaller ones to evade the spam filters. So I wrote an automated routine in Windows using VBA that sends an individual e-mail to each addressee on the distribution list.

It works fine, except for one problem. Outlook tells me that since I've created an automated routine it wants me to allow or deny each e-mail individually. Clicking on each e-mail would take quite a while. I want to disable the outgoing filters, since I know anything I send does not have any malware embedded in it.

I tried to turn off the Trust Center settings on the Windows emulator side, but it is grayed out. Microsoft suggests downloading their free virus software, which might allow me to change the filters, but I'm concerned that it may interfere with the Norton anti-virus software that's protecting the iMac.

Has anyone tried this and what were your results?