Two Hards drives

Macsure

Bit poster
Hi All,
I am trying to get my head aaround this. In the past I have ran DP6 on one HDD, with x2 partiotions using Bootcamp.
Today my question is:

I now have two HHD's. One has lion on it, and the other has win 7 on it. Currently I can choose which O/S to use when I power power. However I was hoping to use my DP6 instead.
What I have tried so far. I tried to the second option where u chose yr iso, dmg, etc. I select the hard drive that has my win 7 on it. but after a while it tell me it cant find the partition.
All that I have mangered sucessfully is to install win 7 on the same drive as my Lion. Is what I am trying to do impossible or am I missing something.

All advice greatly appreicated
 
The question is - how are you trying to install it?

To use your Windows with Parallels you have 2 options:

1) Attach HDD to Mac, allocate it, make visible for Mac, use Boot Camp assistant to install Windows to this harddrive as a Boot Camp, in Parallels Desktop create virtual machine based on the Boot Camp partition:

http://download.parallels.com/deskt...n_US/Parallels Desktop User's Guide/32733.htm

2) Migrate your Windows to Parallels Virtual Machine - it will appear on your Mac's drive as a separate file, you will be able to move it to another harddrive.

http://download.parallels.com/deskt...n_US/Parallels Desktop User's Guide/33020.htm
 
Back
Top