Ubuntu 8.04 issues

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by oswaler, Jun 11, 2008.

1. bbranch

bbranch Junior Member

John, looking into which problem: KDE or lack of USB drives (or other). If 5624 was built to be compatible with Ubuntu 8.04, why are we having so many problems, and when can we expect fixes? I need to be doing development on Ubuntu and where I'm at now I need to either move to VMWare, or buy another PC to use for my dev work. Neither of which are appealing to me, but if I can't write boot images to USB drives from Ubuntu, then I'm completely stuck. Please help :)

2. John@Parallels

John@Parallels Forum Maven

bbranch
    See PM

3. trolley

trolley Member

I may have said this before, but want to say it again. I was patient with Ubuntu 8.04 support, but this is absurd. 8.10 will be coming out in the next couple days and 8.04 is barely supported. Will we have to wait for 9.x to come out for 8.10 support? I certainly hope not...

Also, does anyone know yet what the word is on free upgrades for PD3 users to PD4? I'm trying the beta and other than the lack of Ubuntu 8.10 support it's working well for me.

4. John@Parallels

Do you mean you cannot use 5624 with Ubuntu 8.10?

5. trolley

trolley Member

Whatever version it is that comes with the latest Parallels Desktop 4 Beta.

6. John@Parallels

Please post it in Beta4 forum

7. trolley

trolley Member

Hi John, sorry for the false info but with the RC the Parallels Tools work fine with Ubuntu 8.10. Thanks!