Unable to access application Menus in Windows 10 (all apps not just Microsoft apps)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SandyG1, Oct 12, 2015.

1. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

There seems to a major issue using El Capitan and Windows 10 via Parallels 11.
    I have found that the drop down menus (those via specific drop-downs and those on right click) are appearing underneath the open MS window. With window on fullscreen nothing appears to happen when rightclicking or activating a dropdown menu from the top ribbon menu with any application running in Windows 10. If the window is minimized the menu is actually appearing underneath the application window.
    Parallels do you have an answer for this. Unable to use much of Microsoft Functionality as cannot access the menus

2. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

Seems to be an issue only in Coherence Mode.

3. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

Sorry for the trouble. Please provide a screen recording which will help us to reproduce issue.

4. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

StanislavZ, unfortunately I am unable to replicate. After several reboots of Windows and switching in and out of Coherence Mode 3 times I have been able to get the dropdown menus to appear on top of the active window as they are designed to. As I mentioned the bug was in all applications within the Windows virtual drive. Whenever you right click or attempt to access a menu within the application the dropdown did not appear. It was actually underneath the active application window. If this issue reappears I will post a video

5. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

We have been able to reproduce this issue and will make sure it's fixed in the future update. To work around this issue, hide windows taskbar in Coherence.

6. SteveC3

SteveC3 Bit poster

7. JamesK4

JamesK4 Bit poster

For what it's worth the comment from StanislavZ helped "hide windows taskbar in Coherence". However, mine was hidden by default but i switched it on and then hid it again and that helped

8. ChristopherH4

ChristopherH4 Bit poster

Where is this "future update"? It's been nearly 9 months since that post and I'm still having this issue! The technique of unhiding/hiding the taskbar does not work as a workaround; drop-down menus still render behind windows unless clicked several times.

9. ChristopherH4

ChristopherH4 Bit poster

Now over a year since the post from StanislavZ (and a new version of parallels) but still the same issue!! WHERE IS THE "FUTURE UPDATE"?!? Office apps are unbearable to use w/ defunct menus--fix this!!!

10. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

This issue was resolved in PD11.1. Similar issue specific to macOS 12 was resolved in PD12.1.
    If you experience such issue, please provide problem report ID taken at the moment of issue happening.

11. DavidL3

DavidL3 Bit poster

It looks like this issue is NOT resolved. I continue to have excel pulldown menus opening 'behind' the active spreadsheet window, sometimes allowing me to see the bottom corner. This seems to happen in Coherence mode, and *sometimes* resolves if I exit coherence and then return to coherence mode. I'm on a MacAir running macOS Sierra 10.12.5, Windows 10 Pro version 1607, Office365. Is there a patch to be applied? Thanks.

12. SandyG1

SandyG1 Member

Fixed for me some time ago

13. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We suggest you refer to this article and disable Fast boot then check.

14. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

15. AndrewR10

AndrewR10 Bit poster

hi,

i am getting this issue. latest version of parallels windows 10, mac os high sierra, MacBook pro.