Last night, Parallels 5 suddenly gave me the captioned error messages; and at midnight tonight, it still gives them to me. I have not found any post anywhere in which someone indicated that he had received both of the captioned error messages at the same time. It will not boot Windows XP from scratch. If I load a snapshot, the snapshot will load; and then the guest OS will lock up, giving the same error.
I went to ~/Library/Parallels/ and opened the PVM file, and then opened the winxp.hdd hard drive file. I changed all permissions for all files so that both my account and the "everyone" account had both read and write permissions. Nothing changed.
Parallels KB ID: 5734 offered this advice: "Open the parallels.log file inside the .pvm bundle with TextEdit ... ." "If you see the 'Error locking file' message, please check your permissions and ownership once again." I did see the "error locking file" message in parallels.log. So I did permissions again. I also made sure that the files were not locked. Nothing changed.
The thing is, when the VM first starts loading Windows, the hard drive icon in Parallels tools indicates that the VM is "connected" to winxp.hdd. I can see the hard drive indicator flashing. Then I get the message of death. If I click OK and let it run, Parallels will eventually quit.
I restored the PVM from an earlier version (around 4:00 p.m. yesterday) and tried all that stuff again. Nothing changed.
I am out of ideas. Anybody have one?
Running Parallels 5.0.9376
OSX 10.6.8
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB
I went to ~/Library/Parallels/ and opened the PVM file, and then opened the winxp.hdd hard drive file. I changed all permissions for all files so that both my account and the "everyone" account had both read and write permissions. Nothing changed.
Parallels KB ID: 5734 offered this advice: "Open the parallels.log file inside the .pvm bundle with TextEdit ... ." "If you see the 'Error locking file' message, please check your permissions and ownership once again." I did see the "error locking file" message in parallels.log. So I did permissions again. I also made sure that the files were not locked. Nothing changed.
The thing is, when the VM first starts loading Windows, the hard drive icon in Parallels tools indicates that the VM is "connected" to winxp.hdd. I can see the hard drive indicator flashing. Then I get the message of death. If I click OK and let it run, Parallels will eventually quit.
I restored the PVM from an earlier version (around 4:00 p.m. yesterday) and tried all that stuff again. Nothing changed.
I am out of ideas. Anybody have one?
Running Parallels 5.0.9376
OSX 10.6.8
Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.53 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 3 MB
Memory: 4 GB