Unable to activate my perpetual license (Parallels Desktop 17) - asking for guidance

Hi everyone,
In 2022, I purchased a perpetual license for Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac (Standard Edition). It worked fine at the time.

Recently, I reinstalled Parallels, but when trying to activate it, I get a message saying that my license key must be upgraded in order to activate the current version (Parallels Desktop 26), which requires an additional payment.

What concerns me is that I already paid for a perpetual license, yet I'm currently unable to use the product I purchased without paying again. I understand that newer versions are released, but I assumed I would always be able to reinstall and activate version 17, which is the one I bought.

Has anyone experienced something similar?
Is there a way to download and activate the exact version tied to my perpetual license?

Or is there something I might be missing?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
 

Attachments

  • Captura de pantalla 2026-02-22 a la(s) 12.27.28 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2026-02-22 a la(s) 12.27.28 p. m..png
    345.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Captura de pantalla 2026-02-22 a la(s) 12.23.48 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2026-02-22 a la(s) 12.23.48 p. m..png
    602.1 KB · Views: 1
  • Captura de pantalla 2026-02-22 a la(s) 12.23.42 p. m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2026-02-22 a la(s) 12.23.42 p. m..png
    555.5 KB · Views: 1
Hi everyone,
In 2022, I purchased a perpetual license for Parallels Desktop 17 for Mac (Standard Edition). It worked fine at the time.

Recently, I reinstalled Parallels, but when trying to activate it, I get a message saying that my license key must be upgraded in order to activate the current version (Parallels Desktop 26), which requires an additional payment.

What concerns me is that I already paid for a perpetual license, yet I'm currently unable to use the product I purchased without paying again. I understand that newer versions are released, but I assumed I would always be able to reinstall and activate version 17, which is the one I bought.

Has anyone experienced something similar?
Is there a way to download and activate the exact version tied to my perpetual license?

Or is there something I might be missing?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Hello @Rodrigo12
As a possible solution, please perform the steps below:
1. Make sure your virtual machine is shut down.
2. Shut down and uninstall your Parallels Desktop.
3. Download and install the following version of Parallels Desktop.
Note: Please decline any instance when you are prompted to update Parallels Desktop to the latest version.
4. Once installed, you should be able to activate it using your Parallels Desktop 17 licence.
Please let us know if you encounter any issues.
Regards,
 
Back
Top