Unable to activate Parallels 13 Upgrade (have active subscription)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GregoryU, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi DarekD. The issue discussed in this thread is different from what you're experiencing. Please post your query here.

2. PaulM25

PaulM25 Bit poster

When I tried to renew my subscription today Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition Upgrade (1 Year)on the same machine, I came to a screen that "Activates Parallels Desktop" with a filled out license (which looks like the one that I have for my subscription) and asks me to confirm. When I copy and paste the license from my subscription, I get
    "the product key of a previous version of Parallels Desktop has been not accepted on the license server."
    How can I get this to activate? So frustrating, happened last year as well.

3. SimonS9

SimonS9 Bit poster

I am having the exact same problem as PaulM25 - I have a Pro subscription, I come to activate Parallels 13, it shows my licence key but still asks for a previous key.

Come on guys, this is not good enough.

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @SimonS9, we have provided the previous version license key in the personal message. Please let us know if you have questions and we are here to help!

5. AnthonyL5

AnthonyL5 Bit poster

I'm having this issue. "Your subscription has expired and cannot be used to activate the product." I can't get my subscription to work after purchasing a license. I had a trail version and now I purchased but won't work.

6. Roberto15

Roberto15 Bit poster

Hello everyone, I am having the same problem, I just purchased an updated license and the system tells me that the previous key is not registered in the system. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

7. Hi AnthonyL5. Please start Parallels Desktop application. If you receive a pop-up window, select 'Renew' option which will open a web browser. Just minimize the web browser. Then click on the Parallels Desktop icon in the Mac menu bar on the top (it looks like 2 red lines) and select 'Account & License...'. In the window that appears, click on 'Enter a key' and then, in the following screen, apply the new license key that you have purchased to activate it.

8. Hi Roberto15. Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac can be activated using the upgrade license key only if you have Parallels Desktop 12 or 11 as the previous version key. If you do not have any previous version key, please reply with the order reference # for the purchase of the upgrade license key so that we can process the refund for the same. Then you can purchase a full version license key and activate the product.

9. YaraM

YaraM Bit poster

I have the same issue for 3 days ... trying to purchase from website and tried to upgrade from free trial the application please provide support as my work is totally stopped.

10. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello YaraM, Do you have any previous version of Parallels Desktop 11 or 12 for Mac? According to our licensing policy, an upgrade to Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac is supported from Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac and Parallels Desktop 12 for Mac. Upgrading from a trial version is not possible.
    Kindly follow the instructions from this link.

11. Shuyang

Shuyang Bit poster

I have the same issue. When I re-activated parallel desktop with an active license, it asked me to enter the previous key. I entered the previous key and got the message "The previous activation key has not been accepted by the license server." How should I fix this?

12. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We checked your account and found that your previous subscription was expired on 20 Oct 2018 but you have purchased a new upgrade subscription on 15 Sep 2018. To activate the new upgrade subscription you will need a Parallels Desktop 12/13 permanent key. You cannot upgrade from a subscription. You will need to buy a full license.

13. Bjorn1

Bjorn1 Bit poster

I'm having the same problem with Parallels V. 14 Can you help me register or refund me my money?

14. Hi, please provide us with more info about the activation/ registration issue and we will help you with it.