Unable to change hardware settings in Parallels10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by eric_greenwood, Oct 31, 2014.

1. eric_greenwood

eric_greenwood Bit poster

Hi
    I have just updated my Parallels to version 10 and recent updates etc.
    I am unable to change any of the Hardware settings for P10, this includes CPUs, memory, video memory etc.

I have the settings unlocked (padlock at a bottom screen) I have the yellow banner which states resume VM then shut it down, which is what I have done a number of times.

Any help pls

Cheers

Eric

2. Abdul@Parallels

Abdul@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi Eric,

Your Virtual Machine might be in Suspend state, please resume it and stop the Virtual Machine.
    Please stop the Virtual Machine as suggested at http://kb.parallels.com/6338 and try to change the hardware options.

eric_greenwood likes this.
  3. eric_greenwood

eric_greenwood Bit poster

Hi

thanks, this worked for me

Cheers

eric

4. Mervin@Parallels

Mervin@Parallels Guest

Hi Eric,
    Glad to hear that your issue is resolved.
    Please feel free to reach us, if you have any questions. We are here to help you.

5. AndyA2

AndyA2 Bit poster

ERROR: The Boot Camp partition /dev/disk0s3 used by Hard Disk 1 is not supported
    I got this error and when trying to fix that with the hardware settings, I too got the yellow banner. I tried have tried several times to force quit Parallels with the steps above but nothing has worked for me. Know of anything I can do?

6. Alfena@Parallels

Alfena@Parallels Pro

Hello @AndyA2 , please let us know the version of Parallels Desktop and Mac OS you are using along with the screenshot of the error message so that we can check and assist you.
    Thanks

7. KatieO

KatieO Bit poster

Yes I have the same issue. Parallels 13 and says the specified video memory size is invalid and that I need to change it but I can't because I have the yellow banner that wont let me change anything. Says to resume video then exit, but I can't watch the video its still suspended.

8. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @KatieO , please try Actions > Stop and then go to Virtual machine configuration > Keep the video memory within recommended range and check if that works.

9. heathg2

heathg2 Bit poster

"please resume it and stop the Virtual Machine"
    Doesn't help to just repeat what the error prompt said. This fix also doesn't work as win64 or win10 don't show up in my activity monitor.

please resume it and stop the Virtual Machine"

10. Hi, could you provide us with the details issue description.
    We will be glad to help you!