Unable to connect the serial port 1. The connection status for this device is set to Disconnected

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by JoshuaB2, May 18, 2016.

1. JoshuaB2

JoshuaB2 Bit poster

Hello!

I have a WatchDog 1000 data logger that their SpecWare9 software only runs on Windows. So I have Parallels 10 / Windows 8.1 running on my MacBook Pro. I was able to add the COM1 port and it's now active in their software, however upon booting Windows 8.1, I get this error message that it's unable to connect to it. What am I missing?

Thanks - Joshua

Attached Files:

2. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi, please reproduce the issue, close the dialog and send a problem report (menu Help -> Report a Problem) and post here the report number

3. JoshuaB2

JoshuaB2 Bit poster

Thanks much!

4. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hm. It appears that some application is already using this comport, so Parallels can't open it. Please execute in the /Application/Terminal the command
    "sudo lsof -n | grep usbserial" (without quotes). The command will ask for the password, please type it. This will show who is using the serial port.

5. JackL4

JackL4 Junior Member

Hello I have the same problem.
    I bashed and found the my user account in what is using the serial port. Any ideas on how to bypass or share permission?