Unable to connect the serial port 1. The connection status for this device is set to Disconnected

JoshuaB2

Bit poster
Hello!

I have a WatchDog 1000 data logger that their SpecWare9 software only runs on Windows. So I have Parallels 10 / Windows 8.1 running on my MacBook Pro. I was able to add the COM1 port and it's now active in their software, however upon booting Windows 8.1, I get this error message that it's unable to connect to it. What am I missing?

Thanks - Joshua
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 8.09.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 8.09.38 AM.png
    56.8 KB · Views: 9
Hi, please reproduce the issue, close the dialog and send a problem report (menu Help -> Report a Problem) and post here the report number
 
Hm. It appears that some application is already using this comport, so Parallels can't open it. Please execute in the /Application/Terminal the command
"sudo lsof -n | grep usbserial" (without quotes). The command will ask for the password, please type it. This will show who is using the serial port.
 
Hello I have the same problem.
I bashed and found the my user account in what is using the serial port. Any ideas on how to bypass or share permission?
 
Back
Top