Unable to copy/paste between CentOS and Mac with Parallels 12

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by DaveG4, Jan 29, 2017.

1. DaveG4

DaveG4 Bit poster

Hi -
    I just upgraded from Parallels 10 to Parallels 12. Previously, I was able to cut and paste between my CentOS VM and Mac. However, I am now unable to do so. I've tried both checking and unchecking "Share Mac clipboard" with no luck either way.

I'm using gnome terminal on my CentOS vm. I've tried simply highlighting text (which copies to the X clipboard) and highlighting text, right clicking and selecting copy (which copies to the gnome clipboard). Neither allowed me to then paste into a Mac application.

Any hints?

Thanks -

Dave

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Best Answer
    Hi
    Hi, please reinstall Parallels Tools on CentOS virtual machine, you can also SSH'ed in via Mac Terminal which allows you to (copy and paste, drag and drop) fix the issue.

ErgunC likes this.
  3. DaveG4

DaveG4 Bit poster

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, when I select Actions > Reinstall Parallels Tools, I get a dialog that says "You are going to reinstall Parallels Tools. Do you want to continue?" I press Yes, and nothing appears to happen. After that, I see no change in behavior. I still cannot copy text in my VM and paste it on my Mac, even with Options > More Options > Share Mac clipboard checked.

4. ErgunC

ErgunC Bit poster

That is because, the installation is registered but defferred until you login to VM. Once you login you should see a prompt asking your login password to proceed with the actual installtion. Once you enter your password it will install the Parallel Tools. Btw I experienced this problem from a newly created linked clone I created from a CentOS Stream 9 snapshot. Somehow I had to reinstall Parallel Tools to get clipboard working again. It works now.