Unable to create new macOS 10.10 VM with PD13

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by ChristophD1, Oct 7, 2017.

1. ChristophD1

ChristophD1 Bit poster

Since PD13 apparently is not able to run my "old" macOS 10.09 VM (created with PD12), I'm trying to setup a new legacy VM with a bootable Yosemite stick (10.10) but the stick is not recognised by PD13 as valid source.

Any ideas before I have to re-install PD12?

2. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Hello ChristophD1, I understand that you are unable to install a virtual machine from USB stick. Did you try creating a virtual machine using an installation file? Thanks!

3. ChristophD1

ChristophD1 Bit poster

Yes. PD13 tells me than that it has to create a bootable ...
    That fails because "this OS can't be made bootable" (something like that).

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

5. RickJ1

RickJ1 Bit poster

I'm having a similar problem, but no USB stick. I've tried the installer app method referenced above using the App Store installers I previously used on my working Mac. Now that I'm running High Sierra (with PD13.1.1) I find I need a VM with an older OS to run Adobe CS6 apps. All goes fairly well with Yosemite and El Capitan until after I choose a language, when I get an error that the installer cannot be verified, even after downloading them fresh from the App Store/My Purchases. iMac 2012 with High Sierra 10.13 with Supplemental Update. Is there still hope?

6. ChristophD1

ChristophD1 Bit poster

The update to 13.1.1 (43120) seems to solve the problems.

7. RickJ1

RickJ1 Bit poster

Yes, it did! Yay!

8. Meenakshi@Parallels

Meenakshi@Parallels Pro

Glad to know that you were able to sort out the issue. Please get back to us for any further queries. Thanks!