Unable to edit the hard disk properties because it has one or more snapshots. I have no snapshots.

MacJohnMcC

Bit poster
I am seeing an error when I try to edit hard disk properties "Unable to edit the hard disk properties because it has one or more snapshots" yet when I select "Manage Snapshots..." I get the message "No snapshots available". How can I correct this condition?

DiskDescriptor.xml has these lines. If I remove them I can see the properties of the disk but it shows everything greyed out and I am unable to edit the disk size.

<Snapshots>
<Shot>
<GUID>{5b924def-d1dc-4e91-8439-3d80a2a9a2cb}</GUID>
<ParentGUID>{8987d52f-3d81-49b9-8cda-256fd9fb2d4f}</ParentGUID>
</Shot>
<Shot>
<GUID>{5fbaabe3-6958-40ff-92a7-860e329aab41}</GUID>
<ParentGUID>{5b924def-d1dc-4e91-8439-3d80a2a9a2cb}</ParentGUID>
</Shot>
<Shot>
<GUID>{8987d52f-3d81-49b9-8cda-256fd9fb2d4f}</GUID>
<ParentGUID>{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}</ParentGUID>
</Shot>
</Snapshots>

Any help welcome and appreciated.
 
Last edited:
That helped me see the properties. Thank you.
Is there a way to split that volume back into 2GB chunks using another drive as the destination? I don't have enough space to convert it in place and I have lots of space on another drive I could work with.
 
That helped me see the properties. Thank you.
Is there a way to split that volume back into 2GB chunks using another drive as the destination? I don't have enough space to convert it in place and I have lots of space on another drive I could work with.
It is not possible to split the volumes using another drive as the destination. However, you can move the entire virtual machine file (file with .pvm extension) to a different location/drive and run the virtual machine without any issues.
 
Back
Top