Unable to increase memory for virtual windows machine

DawnD1

Bit poster
Opening parallels control center and clicking on configuration does not work because controls are greyed out. The window opens with a yellow bar that states I may change configurations by opening virtual machine, then closing it. This does not work. Configuration options remain greyed out.
 
Just checking... This should be obvious, but : You need to shut down the windows, not just close the VM window. Closing the VM window typically suspends the VM and so from point of view of Parallels, it is still running (it is sleeping officially). Make sure that you really shut down the Windows themselves.
This confused me originally.
 
I am fully aware of how to do this. I was pointing out the OBVIOUSNESS of the message when you try and change the size of memory when the VM is powered on. I do not need help here, I was providing help/making a comment....
 
I am fully aware of how to do this. I was pointing out the OBVIOUSNESS of the message when you try and change the size of memory when the VM is powered on. I do not need help here, I was providing help/making a comment....

Hi EytanB,

Yes, it is just a message to make every users aware of it.
Some might have the Virtual Machine to start automatically as soon as Parallels Desktop starts and to quit Parallels Desktop as soon as the VM is shut down.
 
Back
Top