"Unable to perform the Operation - check the internet connection and try again"

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ParallelsU130, Mar 1, 2023.

1. ParallelsU130

ParallelsU130 Member

I cloned my main Mac (where everything worked fine) to my other Mac - when I click on a Parallels 11 VM it asks me for my activation code; after pasting it in I get a green tick to show the code has been accepted. However when I click the Activate button it says "Unable to perform the Operation", then suggests I check the internet connection and try again. But the internet is fine - as you can see, here I am.

All that's happened is that I'm using a clone of one Mac on another Mac; nothing else is different. Parallels should still work.

2. ParallelsU130

ParallelsU130 Member

HELLO? IS ANYONE THERE? I NEED HELP

3. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello, we request to follow these links - unable to register & unable to register key and check, thanks.

4. ParallelsU130

ParallelsU130 Member

Thank you for the reply, but I've now determined the cause of my problem: my new boot drive SSD was installed where the optical drive used to be, and the original HDD was still in place. Therefore Parallels assumes the SSD is an external drive and will not activate.

This is very poor programming: Parallels should be able to tell the difference between internal and external drives. I've now been driven back to my other Mac where Parallels still functions. I consider it serious failure on your part that I should be forced into drastic action just so that I can run my VMs. Shame on you all. Shame on you.