Unable To Print To PDF After Recent Update

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Kurt Todoroff, May 29, 2018.

1. Kurt Todoroff

Kurt Todoroff Member

I updated Parallels Desktop 13 For Mac, on Friday 2018-05-25.

This morning, I ran Sage 50 inside Parallels, as I do every day. I generated a customer invoice, then, I selected print.

1: Parallels did not display the macOS print dialog box, as it previously did.

2: The printed output was two-sided, as it never previously was.

How can I regain display of the macOS print dialog box, so as to create PDF files?

How can I restore the previous single-sided printing.

Thank you.

Kurt

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Kurt Todoroff, Kindly start the virtual machine and go to the top menu bar, click on Actions--> Configure--> Hardware--> Share printer and check the " Show page setup option before printing " and check if it helps.

3. Kurt Todoroff

Kurt Todoroff Member

AJ,

Thank you for your response. Your suggestion solved the problem, however, the problem reoccurs after quitting Parallels. The checkbox does not contain the checkmark, with each new restart. This is reproducible.

Kurt

4. Please start the virtual machine. Select Actions (from the Mac menu bar) -> Reinstall Parallels Tools and check if it helps.

5. Kurt Todoroff

Kurt Todoroff Member

I performed your suggestion. This did not cure the problem.

6. RichardH20

RichardH20 Bit poster

Similar problem (suddenly can't print), can we roll back to previous setup?

7. WilliamC16

WilliamC16 Bit poster

Please make the checkbox setting "Show page setup option before printing" persistent after restarting the VM. I'm not sure whether the default changed for this setting or whether persistence was lost with the newest update, but this is a major annoyance. If this is not the right place to make such a request, please let me know where I should make it.

8. RichardH20

RichardH20 Bit poster

Uninstalling Parallels Tools and reinstalling fixed the problem.

9. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello RichardH20! Perfect, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

10. RichardH20

RichardH20 Bit poster

I had a Chat with Parallels Support who figured out the problem and suggested the reinstall fix. They were great!

11. ChristopherJ9

ChristopherJ9 Bit poster

I have the same issue but above did help. The drop down print box worked fine today until 10am eastern time and it stopped working. No drop down showing.
    I turned of VM, restarted, turned of host OS, back on, I uninstalled tool box, reinstalled tool box, I confirmed printer driver installed, I can print on the native OS fine. thanks for anyother ideas.

Maria@Parallels likes this.