Unable to request a trial key

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Nantha, Nov 21, 2013.

1. Nantha

Nantha Bit poster

Hi,

>> I am trying to install parallel desktop 9
    >>when i am installing, It ask for registered email id and password and after It ask for activation key.
    >> As I am using trial download, I clicked Get Trial button, Then It goes to next window where it ask for Name and email ID again. Clicked Get Trial button again.
    >> After that I am getting an error pop up box "Unable to request trial key, Please check your network connection, if problem persist, contact parallel support team" (Screen Shot for reference)
    >> We have checked internet and network setting. It is proper.
    >> It would be great if you help us on solving this.
    Thanks

Platform Details: Mac OX 10.7.3, Parallel Desktop 9

2. brunaud

brunaud Bit poster

Hi,

I ha ve the same problem... so it's impossible to try PD9 !!
    Help us... Please !
    Thank you

3. Eddi

Eddi Bit poster

Hi guys,

I encountered same problem here.. unable to request a trial key.. I've already tried 3 different email address and no works... Please kindly give advice.. Your time and efforts will be greatly appreciated..

4. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Eddi, Nantha & burnaud,
    Lets try the steps mentioned in the knowledge based article below and see if it helps to resolve the issue.
    http://kb.parallels.com/113744

5. michaelm11

michaelm11 Bit poster

I am running running Mac OS X 10.6.8. I've done everything the kb article that you provided above, except for the last step with Gatekeeper b/c those instructions only apply to 10.7.5 and above.

I am still having the problem. Any other suggestions?

6. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Gatekeeper is not present in your OS X, so you don't need to disable it, ignore that step. But, that's not your main issue anyway, your issue is that Parallels Desktop 11 requires, at least, 10.9.5 or 10.10.4.

http://www.parallels.com/eu/products/desktop/resources/

7. michaelm11

michaelm11 Bit poster

This is with the Parallels Desktop 9.0 install. That seems to the last compatible Parallels Desktop version that is supported by os x 10.6.8. http://kb.parallels.com/en/114381

8. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Version 9 is not supported anymore, you can't buy it from parallels.com, you can't get a trial key for that. AFAIK, trial keys are only for the latest version.

9. Matt5

Matt5 Bit poster

I'm having this problem too. Trying to get a trial key for Parallels desktop 8 or 9 on Macos 10.6.8 but it wont work.

10. Hi, unfortunately after the Parallels Desktop 11 release we cannot provide you with the trial license for Parallels Desktop 9 and earlier.
    You can request the Parallels Desktop 10 trial from our official website

11. reinny

reinny Bit poster

I also have the same problem, guys help

12. reinny

reinny Bit poster

I have a problem with my Parallel ver.10.4.0 Macbook Pro, it does not want to activate my trial, "error is unable to request trail key"

13. ccmkn

ccmkn Bit poster

I have the similar problem with Parallels Desktop 12 and my MBP (macOS 10.12). I keep pressing the "Try Free for 14 days" but it just jumps back to the Parallels website asking to download the Parallels 12 again. I have downloaded it three times already. How could I fix this issue?

Thanks.

14. Hey, please try to do it once again and let us know how it works for you.
    Looks like that everything is OK now.

15. ParallelsU349

ParallelsU349 Bit poster

J'ai eu les mêmes problèmes en effectuant la mise à niveau de desktop 14 vers Desktop 15 et l'on me dit de verifier ma connection internet
    J'ai fait les recommandations de l'article 113744 et je n'ai rien trouvé

16. Hi, please provide us with a bit more info about the error message that you had.