Unable to share folders or copy + paste

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Jeff23, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Jeff23

Jeff23 Bit poster

Today I installed trial version of Parallels 16.5.0 (49183) on a 2018 Macbook Pro running BigSur 11.2.3. When I installed Parallels I selected the option to use an existing bootcamp partition (windows 10) I created four months ago.

I am NOT running windows directly from boot. I am running windows located on a bootcamp partition from within the Parallels app running on macos.

Using parallels I'm able to run the bootcamp drive from within my macos, ping between host + guest, and access the internet from both host and guest.

My problem is I cannot see any shared folders, drives, etc on either the mac or windows within parallels. Nor can I copy and paste text between the two.

Any help is appreciated.

Here are my current settings:
    Options > Network: Source = default adapter
    Options > Sharing: All the options are checked for both "Share Mac" and "Share Windows". I'm sharing all disks and all folders.
    Security > Isolate Windows from Mac: NOT checked

On windows I turned off the firewall.

Within the macos:
    I changed /Library/Preferences/Parallels/network.desktop.xml with the following setting: <UseKextless>0</UseKextless>
    I changed /Library/Preferences/Parallels/dispatcher.desktop.xml with the following setting: <Usb>1</Usb>