I have been using Parallels 9 on my Macbook Pro with Retina Display to run Windows 8 for over a month now with no problems. This morning I went through the Microsoft procedure for updating Windows 8 to Windows 8.1. The procedure went without any problems and Windows 8.1 works fine when I access it via Boot Camp. However, when I run my Macbook Pro under OS X and try to access Windows 8.1 via parallels 9, I get the error messages that no boot file has been received and that no boot device is present. I have Boot Camp properly installed on an NTFS partition on my SSD, and it works perfectly when I boot directly into Windows 8.1. I don't know how to get parallels 9 working with Windows 8.1. I have all the latest versions of Parallels 9, Boot Camp, Windows 8.1, etc. Can anyone offer any suggestions for getting Parallels 9 to run Windows 8.1?
Thank you in advance for responding.
Tom Wheeler
Thank you in advance for responding.
Tom Wheeler