Unarchiver does not want to unarchive some files.

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by Fjodor, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Fjodor

Fjodor Junior Member

I attempt to unarchive some .scap files on my v12 Unarchive, however, it doesn't work. It just gets stuck at 0% and that's it. If I cancel it or I let it crash itself, here's useful data when it crashes.
    ==================[start]==================
    OS Version: Mac OS X 10.15.6 (19G2021)
    Report Version: 12
    Anonymous UUID: 74086619-CDCE-B933-9A96-E93F6F864F1E
    Sleep/Wake UUID: 17A8FF98-8F9D-43A5-9BA8-9E57A2EB6F01
    Time Awake Since Boot: 18000 seconds
    Time Since Wake: 1000 seconds
    System Integrity Protection: disabled

Crashed Thread: 2 Dispatch queue: com.apple.root.user-interactive-qos
    Exception Type: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
    Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
    Exception Note: EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:
    *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '*** -[NSConcreteTask terminate]: task not launched'
    terminating with uncaught exception of type NSException
    abort() called
    ==================[end]==================
    I thought the volume with the files is some sort of unusual, so I moved them to my desktop. I tried it again. It didn't work. What do I do now? How do I see the data in them?

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,

- are you experiencing problems with all .scap files or only with certain ones?
    - could you please share one of your scap-file with us to analyze it (if doesn't contain private/sensitive information)?
    - please generate Technical Report and post it's ID here: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107

3. Fjodor

Fjodor Junior Member

4. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    you're using quite old version of Parallels Toolbox (2.0.4) and it could be a reason of your issue.
    I sucessfully tried to extract scap-files that you've shared with us using latest Parallels Toolbox version (4.0.1).

As I understad you're using Parallels Toolobx with Parallels Desktop license. Be careful if you decided to update Parallels toolbox - newest version could not support your old Parallels Desktop license.

5. IrwinK

IrwinK Bit poster

Scap files are commonly encountered while downloading content from the internet.