Uninstall Kaspersky

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by GerardM, Feb 24, 2018.

1. GerardM

GerardM Bit poster

I had a terrible customer service experience with Kaspersky in the spring of 2017, after requesting a cancellation of my trial run. Long story short: they blacklisted my key. I happily moved their anti-virus software to the trash, but still see their logo in the Parallels Toolbox every time I start up my MacBook Pro. How do I permanently remove the logo from the toolbox and ensure those creepy Russians aren't lingering in the background somewhere?

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi GerardM.
    Can you share a screenshot of this scenario?

3. Hemnath@Parallels

We have received your response over e-mail, as quoted below. Please post your responses directly in this thread henceforth (i.e., if you are seeing this message in your mailbox right now, then do not respond to this e-mail - just visit the thread you created in our forums and post your response there).
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello Hemnath,

Attached is a screenshot of my desktop. You will note the darkened Kaspersky icon to the right of Siri, just above the Parallels Windows 10 shortcut. Kaspersky has been deleted from my Applications. In order to remove the visible Kaspersky icon I have to manually quit Kaspersky - an application that has been deactivated and sent to the trash. Any help in permanently removing this reminder of my less than satisfactory customer experience with Kaspersky would be appreciated. Thank you.

[​IMG]
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So the Kaspersky logo appears in the Mac menu bar on the top right, not in Parallels Toolbox. This seems to be a known issue with Kaspersky software, as explained here.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2018
  4. GerardM

GerardM Bit poster

Hello Hemnath,
    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, but I wanted to thank you for helping me to remove the Kaspersky icon and any remnants of their software from my Mac. I feel better and more confident using Parallels now. Great program! Thank you.

5. Hemnath@Parallels

You're welcome! Really nice to know that you're pleased with our product. Kindly reach out again when in need of further assistance. Cheers!

6. douge1

douge1 Bit poster

I need to get rid of Kaspersky as well. It opens each time I open Parallels. I have not dragged the app to the trash and am not clear how to do this. How is this done and how do I get rid of all remnants? Thanks.

7. Hemnath@Parallels

Hello douge1, please run the removal tool on your Mac. Download it from here.