Uninstall Parallels

Ingest1

Bit poster
Hi guys,

I uninstalled Parallels Desktop from a Mac book, but it still keeps the 60GB virtual Harddrive.
The .vm file (\documents\parallels) is only 3,9GB and I couldn't locate any bigger file on the book.
Has anybody any idea how to remove this?
(Actually I just wanted to reduce the size down to 12GB, but this I couldn't do either..., so I uninstalled).

I didn't try, but I just thought maybe it is a possibility: Do I also have to delete the .vm file?

karl
 
The .hdd file is stored inside your .pvm file (right click the .pvm and select "Show Package Contents"). The .hdd is a compressed expanding disk image which means that even though it appears as a 60 GB disk in the virtual machine, you've only put 3 GB of data into it so far. Therefore, there's no point in reducing the size to 12 GB.

You can't resize a disk while a virtual machine is running. When the virtual machine is not running, then you can go to Virtual Machine -> Configure -> Hardware -> Hard Disk 1 and click Resize.
 
Back
Top