Unresolved USB Issues (part II) - Ticket: 2235776

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DavidA4, May 10, 2016.

1. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

We're on the merry-go-round once again. I bought Parallels Desktop 11 in Nov. of 2015. The USB never worked without crashing windows. Back in Feb. I spent five hours on the phone with Parallels support and through that lengthy session it was determined that Parallels Desktop 11 has an issue with the USB. Three months later there have been been two updates - the problem remains. Oddly, they closed ticket: 2235776 despite the obvious fact that there was a problem. Why close this ticket and ignore a massive problem with the USB? Why?

When will this get fixed?

I cannot use Parallels Desktop with USB. I am forced to use a completely different computer - a dedicated Windows computer for USB jobs.

2. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I take it no one is interested in solving this problem. Nice.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi DavidA4, we have already escalated the issue you reported to the Engineering Team and they are working to address it in one of the future builds of Parallels Desktop for Mac.To enable automatic updates, from the Parallels Desktop Menu, select Preferences > General > Download Updates Automatically.
    While we do not have ETA for the fix, it has been prioritized appropriately and you can track the changes in the product at http://kb.parallels.com/en/123410

4. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I've upgraded Parallels Desktop to version 11.2.1 (32626), but this doesn't resolve the known USB issue. I spent five hours on the phone with Parallels tech support, and they determined that Parallels had the problem. I was told back then (in Feb. of 2016) that an update would fix the problem. I don't recall if there have been two or three updates since Feb. of 2016 - but nothing has fixed this problem. My original case was closed. I don't know why my case would be closed when 1) I cannot use Parallels at all with USB and 2) this problem has been verified with the Parallels staff. The bottom line is that I cannot use the USB with Parallels - and I continue to use a separate dedicated Windows machine for USB. I bought Parallels in Nov. of 2015 - 9 months later I still cannot use the USB.

If USB is something that doesn't work with Parallels then please be honest about that and disclose this information to potential buyers.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  5. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

The USB of Parallels Desktop 11 simple does not work. It is a known issue - yet unresolved. I plan to make a YouTube video in an attempt to have this known problem fixed. See Ticket: 2235776

6. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I cannot use the USB with Parallels Desktop 11. It is a known problem - yet never fixed. Look up ticket: 2235776