Unresolved USB Issues - Ticket: 2235776

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by DavidA4, May 3, 2016.

1. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

So, in early February of 2016 I submitted a ticket regarding the USB totally crashing Windows. I spent over five hours on the phone with tech support - from that trouble shooting session it was determined that Parallels Desktop had the issue - nothing with my setup. I was told to wait for an update. Around Feb. 23 or so - there was an update. That didn't fix the problem. Today, May 3, 2016, another update came. But, this hasn't solved the issue either. I bought Parallels Desktop in Nov. of 2015. Isn't it time this problem get fixed?

The original case/ticket created during early February was oddly closed despite the fact that I can't use Parallels with the USB at all - I use a separate dedicated Windows machine instead of Parallels Desktop).

This is the problem ticket: 2235776

Seriously, this needs to get fixed. It's been months. What's going on?

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi DavidA4, please be informed that Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac 11.2.0 (32851) was released and the issue has been addressed. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build. Latest version always available here: http://www.parallels.com/directdownload/pd11/ Please note that Parallels Tools also needs to be updated (Actions > Update Parallels Tools) and let us know how it works. Thanks!

3. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I have Version 11.2.0 (32581) installed - as stated in my first post I installed this update on May 3, 2016 - roughly when that update became available. This did NOT solve the USB problem.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  4. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

Version 11.2.1 (32626) does not fix this issue either. 9 months have passed - still - when I use my PICkit programmer it causes BSOD.

5. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I cannot use the USB with Parallels Desktop 11. It is a known problem - yet never fixed. Look up ticket: 2235776

6. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

After upgrading to Parallels Desktop 12 I am happy to report that the problem finally got resolved.

Elric likes this.
  7. Thank you for sharing this! Are you using the latest build of Parallels Desktop 12?

8. DavidA4

DavidA4 Hunter

I have the latest update - Version 12.0.2 (41353)

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Glad to hear that! Feel free to reach us anytime.