Unwanted Parallels Safari Extension!

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by SPX, Sep 17, 2018.

1. SPX

SPX Junior Member

Why does Parallels installing software that i not asked for!? Just like the annoying spam popups about buying Acronis or a Software bundle!! More and more i'm thinking to ditch this software and move to VMware Fusion.

In Safari Parallels added a extension Open in Internet Explorer 14.0.1 which i don't want is and is installed without asking!
    So i want to uninstall the but thats not possible because it says: The "Open in Internet Explorer" extension is part of the "Parallels Desktop" application.
    To uninstall "Open in Internet Explorer", you must remove the "Parallels Desktop" application.

Parallels support how to remove this extension without removing the Parallels app???????

2. PeterZ4

PeterZ4 Bit poster

Why is there no answer to this? Not only is this extension basically spyware, I have found it causes massive performance problems for Safari even if it is disabled. It must be uninstalled. What is the answer here?

3. DJEmergency

DJEmergency Bit poster

I want this removed too. It keeps messing with my browser..

4. NoelD

NoelD Bit poster

Does removing Parallels Desktop, remove the plugin from Safari? I would like to remove the plugin also.

5. O-S

O-S Bit poster

Ridiculous that nobody from Parallels even responded here.

6. RodR5

RodR5 Bit poster

After removing Parallels Application I was having the same problem with Safari Extension still there. I tried several things but after REBOOT it went away.

7. Mikel Manitius

Mikel Manitius

Solution:
    # rm -rf /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/Plugins/com.parallels.desktop.console.OpenInIE.appex