I currently have Parallels Desktop for Mac 10.2.1 running on a MacAir. The VM is Windows XP (SP3). The Mac OS is 10.10.5. Everything works fine for my purposes. I have three related questions:
Question #1: If I update to Parallels Desktop 10.4 (from kb.parallels.com/en/5802), will the same activation code work? I ask because I see in "My Account" at Parallels that my activation code is linked to the very first version of Parallels I purchased, Version 7, with no mention of Parallels 10.
Question #2: If I purchase Parallels 13 (it seems that versions 11 & 12 are not available), will all the settings I currently have in version 10 be retained, or does everything get reset to a dedault configuration? A secondary question is whether the XP VM will work with Parallels 13 (I think it will because the Parallels 13 User Manual implies that it is compatible).
Question #3: Is there a compelling reason to upgrade to Parallels 13, given that my VM is XP and I have a MacAir, not a MacBook Pro. I have found it difficult to see what the real advantages would be aside from perhaps greater "speed". The cost is not an issue - it is just that whenever new versions of anything come out there are usually "issues" to deal with to make things work right again. I would like to avoid that until necessary. At some point I will have to upgrade the Mac OS and that will necessitate upgrading Parallels as well.
Thank you for advice or knowledge.
Question #1: If I update to Parallels Desktop 10.4 (from kb.parallels.com/en/5802), will the same activation code work? I ask because I see in "My Account" at Parallels that my activation code is linked to the very first version of Parallels I purchased, Version 7, with no mention of Parallels 10.
Question #2: If I purchase Parallels 13 (it seems that versions 11 & 12 are not available), will all the settings I currently have in version 10 be retained, or does everything get reset to a dedault configuration? A secondary question is whether the XP VM will work with Parallels 13 (I think it will because the Parallels 13 User Manual implies that it is compatible).
Question #3: Is there a compelling reason to upgrade to Parallels 13, given that my VM is XP and I have a MacAir, not a MacBook Pro. I have found it difficult to see what the real advantages would be aside from perhaps greater "speed". The cost is not an issue - it is just that whenever new versions of anything come out there are usually "issues" to deal with to make things work right again. I would like to avoid that until necessary. At some point I will have to upgrade the Mac OS and that will necessitate upgrading Parallels as well.
Thank you for advice or knowledge.