Updated OpenGL Support

JamesP47

Bit poster
Hello. I am using a Mac Mini with OSX Ventura and Parallels (latest version). I am posting here because I'm trying to play a game that is taking issue with Parallels support of OpenGL. I don't fully understand what the problem is but I'm sure it's related to OpenGL. This is the error message I get when I try to run the aforementioned game:

Configured log listener print-redirect tags
Added structured log listener print-redirect
Added structured log listener mp-cloud-gobbler
2024-12-17T21:32:58.866-05:00 LOG: Process started
Winsock Initialized
------ Initializing File System ------
Current search path:
- C:/Users/jgputnam/Saved Games/id Software/DOOM/base/
- C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/DOOM/base/
------ File System initialized.
------ Command Line ------
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOOM\DOOMx64.exe"
2024-12-17T21:32:58.942-05:00 LOG: Command Line: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DOOM\DOOMx64.exe"
------ CPU Information ------
4 CPU packages, 4 physical cores, 4 logical cores
3200 MHz AMD CPU with MMX & SSE & SSE2 & SSE3 & SSSE3 & SSE41 & SSE42
131072 kB 1st level cache, 16777216 kB 2nd level cache, 0 kB 3rd level cache
6144 MB System Memory
initializing resource container gameresources.resources
initializing resource container gameresources.patch
idLib::SetProduction( PROD_PRODUCTION )
------- Initializing renderSystem --------
PreliminaryRenderSetup
---registered window class
---registered fake window class
---registered context window class
X..WGL_EXT_swap_control_tear not found
ERROR_INVALID_VERSION_ARB
No address, error: 487
No address, error: 487
No address, error: 487
No address, error: 487
No address, error: 487
No address, error: 487
No address, error: 487
No address, error: 487
No address, error: 487
No address, error: 487
No address, error: 487
DOOMx64.exe @ 0x3094758d( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )
DOOMx64.exe @ 0x308a2f21( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )
DOOMx64.exe @ 0x308a2d9d( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )
DOOMx64.exe @ 0x31f0dc92( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )
DOOMx64.exe @ 0x31f0db57( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )
DOOMx64.exe @ 0x31f0da01( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )
DOOMx64.exe @ 0x31f0fd83( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )
DOOMx64.exe @ 0x31f16deb( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )
DOOMx64.exe @ 0x31b8d06e( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )
DOOMx64.exe @ 0x31bc4189( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )
DOOMx64.exe @ 0x3093c22b( ) + bytes () : ** UNKNOWN **( ** FUNC_PARAM_ERROR ** )
KERNEL32.DLL @ 0xdb700f2c( ) + bytes () : uaw_wcsrchr( )
FATAL ERROR: wglCreateContextAttribsARB failed
Dumped console text to C:\Users\jgputnam\Saved Games\id Software\DOOM\base\ErrorLog_12-17-2024__09-32-59pm.txt.

idRenderSystem::Shutdown()
Shutting down OpenGL subsystem

***************************
FATAL ERROR: wglCreateContextAttribsARB failed

***************************
This is a game I'm very excited about and really want to play. Please update your support of OpenGL to be compatible with my software.
 
Back
Top