I am finally having to update from Mountain Lion to El Capitan and will thus need to upgrade Parallels from 9 to 12. I understand I must purchase this again, but am unsure about what happens when I install.
I assume I must first make a back up of my Windows7.pvm (which I have), but then if my searching here is correct, I must first upgrade my OS to El Capitan and THEN launch the new Parallels 12 software. Yes?
My question is, once I do this, if I then open my saved Windows7.pvm from within the new Parallels 12, will all my settings be there? or am I having to start all over from scratch? It took me a few weeks to set everything up to work the first time, so I am really hesitant to do all this as I honestly can't remember everything that had to be done to make Quickbooks, printing and connectivity work (so I'm scared!) LOL!
Any advice of info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I assume I must first make a back up of my Windows7.pvm (which I have), but then if my searching here is correct, I must first upgrade my OS to El Capitan and THEN launch the new Parallels 12 software. Yes?
My question is, once I do this, if I then open my saved Windows7.pvm from within the new Parallels 12, will all my settings be there? or am I having to start all over from scratch? It took me a few weeks to set everything up to work the first time, so I am really hesitant to do all this as I honestly can't remember everything that had to be done to make Quickbooks, printing and connectivity work (so I'm scared!) LOL!
Any advice of info would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!