Have cleaned up MacBook, deleted apps, upgraded all remaining apps ready for Snow Leopard. Last thing to do - Parallels.
Got the hal.dll which I fixed using boot.ini rebuild.
Now machine boots to splash screen and freezes after a few seconds - this happens whether I boot via BootCamp or Parallels. I have tried going into Manual Mode at boot but the splash screen ends up coming up and freezing.
Everytime I upgrade Parallels this happens - hours and hours of trawling through forums and help desks, delving into terminals and set up screens, endless restarting ... surely it shouldn't be this hard EVERY time?
Anyway, where to next when frozen on splash screen?
Many thanks
Deb
Got the hal.dll which I fixed using boot.ini rebuild.
Now machine boots to splash screen and freezes after a few seconds - this happens whether I boot via BootCamp or Parallels. I have tried going into Manual Mode at boot but the splash screen ends up coming up and freezing.
Everytime I upgrade Parallels this happens - hours and hours of trawling through forums and help desks, delving into terminals and set up screens, endless restarting ... surely it shouldn't be this hard EVERY time?
Anyway, where to next when frozen on splash screen?
Many thanks
Deb