Upgrade? 4 to 15

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by RichardM15, Jun 27, 2020.

1. RichardM15

RichardM15 Junior Member

hi.. I have to confess that my old Mac is closer to 15 years old so.. I have bitten the bullet and bought a new iMac running catalina
    so... need to put parallels on - downloaded the free trial and getting the lovely help screens saying pay an annual subscription?

I have parallels version 4 - once the computer is set up it will do me a good few years so not want to upgrading and changing things all the time - so paying a subscription isn't what I want to do - I want to buy it and forget it - so question
    Is there an upgrade path from 4 to 15 is there a one time payment I can make ?

2. Abishek

Abishek Member

Hello @RichardM15 The upgrade options allow you to choose between 2 different options, either the Pro Subscription or the One-time Permanent license, you can choose the Permanent license option to upgrade.

3. RichardM15

RichardM15 Junior Member

thank you Abishek. Its all sorted now.
    I did have a version 4 - but it wasn't a full license so ended up doing as you say above and registering a one time payment on version 15 for a full product
    I did make a mistake on the purchase and the support team rectified it very quickly - very impressed....

4. ChristopherB19

ChristopherB19 Bit poster

Glad to see I'm not the only one who keeps a computer a long time... Just upgraded from P8 to P15... Sort of. The spinning wheel has been going on the installation window more than a day now, even though I can do other things within the VM, like access the web, download and install other software. Not sure what's not done for the process to be acting this way.

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that the issue you faced was resolved with the help of our support team. Feel free to reach out to us anytime for support.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We request you share a screenshot of the spinning wheel to check and assist you further.