Upgrade confusion vis-a-vis license - unable to get toolbox working

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by GarethS3, Nov 16, 2019.

1. GarethS3

GarethS3 Bit poster

I previously bought parallels v13 and am trying to get parallels toolbox reinstalled.

It is quite a painful process:
    - It is hard to figure out where to download old versions of parallels toolbox;
    - There doesn't appear to be any clear information about which licenses are valid for which versions, so it involves some trial and error to find a version that works;
    - Parallels Toolbox will say there is an upgrade available, then after upgrading you discover that the license key doesn't work, then you have to repeat the process of installing an old version again;
    - When trying to activate a valid version (for the license key), then it says: "This license is already in use. How would you like to activate Parallels Toolbox on this Mac?" I then click "activate on this Mac" but it then says the license key is associated with another account...

It is overall a very painful experience and I can't get it working on my system. Any advice?

2. GarethS3

GarethS3 Bit poster

PS, when trying the whole process again it first upgrades to version 2.6.1, which seems like it might be valid with my activation code (but I still run into the license already in use problem). It then upgraded to v3 without me asking it to and now it says the key is not valid.

3. Hi, please use this link to download the 2.6.1 version.
    If you still have an error "This license is already in use.", please provide us with your license key (via the private message)
    And if you would like to use the newest version of Parallels Toolbox, you need to purchase the license.