Upgrade from 11.2.2 with pvm on full iCloud drive

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Gary13, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Gary13

Gary13 Bit poster

Parallels 11.2.2 on Mojave. Purchased 15 and want to upgrade. Prior to upgrading I noticed that the Windows.pvm is stored on the iCloud drive. What's strange is the pvm is 47gb in size. When I look at iCloud storage it says we have 37gb free out of 50gb. This does not make sense. In the Parallels folder that contains the pvm is say iCloud drive is full. In system preference > iCloud it says there is 37GB free. Because the space free is being reported inconsistently I did not want to chance an upgrade. My plan was to back up the pvm to another location on the computer which has 128gb free. Then run the upgrade.
    Questions:
    Has this issue been reported before?
    What is the recommendation for having the pvm on an iCloud drive vs the physical drive? (it currently has been working with a Windows VM)
    What is your recommendation for upgrading to 15 in this situation?

Note: I'm not sure, but from what I was reading it says we have phone support for Parallels home, maybe I'm incorrect, but I was unable to find a way to contact Parallels by phone.
    Thank you in advance for your help.