upgrade parallels broke full screen

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Jay6, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Jay6

Jay6 Bit poster

Hi,

After an update of parallels desktop and of OSX 13.3 I can enter still in full screen mode of the guest OSX but, it's a post stamp size. Even in full screen it remains a very small window. I already tried to change the display options to different settings, but no results.
    Neither can I go to coherence mode, although parallels tools are installed and updated to the latest version. It keeps telling me I need to install them, while I've removed and reinstalled them fully.

Anyone has an idea how to get it back working properly?

Jay

2. Alex45

Alex45 Bit poster

I'm having something similar. I have 2 Ubuntu VMs, named Sift and Ubuntu, of the same Ubuntu OS version, yet one has full screen resolution while the other had only 800x600 resolution?

Here are the settings of each that I thought were relevant to resolution. I've added more graphics memory and selected "more space" of resolution for the Sift, but still have crappy 800x600 resolution

What do you think?

Attached Files:

3. Hi, please refer this article to install Parallels Tools once again and check if it helps.

4. Jay6

Jay6 Bit poster

Hi,

I've been reinstalling parallels tools multiple times, even was on the phone with Parallels support. They've been trying as well to restore the functionality. So far, after 2 calls & screen sharing sessions, there is no solution. My case has been escalated to 2th line support. Waiting for them to come back to me. As soon as I have more information I'll post it here.
    At the same time I'm going to try to install a fresh OSX vm and see what it does there.

Jay

5. Jay6

Jay6 Bit poster

Hi,

Update:
    * until so far no reaction from Parallels 2th line support.
    * installed a fresh version with the latest updates, there it all works fine
    * When manually starting the needed parallels tools, I get the following exception : DYNRES: Could not open IO service with 0xDEAC0DE: -536870201
    * all the other services once I try to start them myself, don't give any error, but they don't start either. (ps -aux | grep -I parallels don't show me other running parallels services except prltoolsd)

Jay

6. Jay6

Jay6 Bit poster

Now 4 weeks further, still no reaction from Parallels second line support.