Upgrade Policy to Parallels 11 When It Comes Out?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BrentC2, Jun 17, 2015.

1. BrentC2

BrentC2 Bit poster

I see that Parallels Desktop 10 Upgrade is currently on sale and I'm currently running Parallels 9 on Yosemite.

I'd like to upgrade but given that 'El Capitan' is coming out in the 'not-so-distant future', I'm hesitant knowing that an inevitable Parallels 11 will likely follow suit to make the most of the new OS.

I searched but couldn't find any direct information... what is Parallel's policy on upgrading to future versions when you are close to the next release? (i.e. If I purchase the upgrade to Parallels Desktop 10 now will I have to shell out again in a couple of months for Parallels 11 or is there a free upgrade for those who purchase now?)

Thanks!

2. Dishant@Parallels

Dishant@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi BrentC2,
    As of now we do not have an official date for the release of Parallels Desktop 11. But if Parallels Desktop 11 is released within a considerable time of your purchase date then you will be applicable for a free upgrade. However that 'considerable time' is decided only after the release of the new version and we don't have an official date for it even now.

The Parallels End User License Agreement is available at:
    http://www.parallels.com/about/legal/eula/

3. MichaelT3

MichaelT3 Bit poster

I bought Parallels 10 a few days ago and I've just received the email offering me a free upgrade to Parallels 11. However, both the download links lead to a page that "is no longer available". What is going on?

4. Christopher1

Christopher1 Bit poster

Hello Parallels team just like MichealT3 I purchased Parallels 10 a few days ago and got the same upgrade email with the same issue with the download links.

5. MichaelT3

MichaelT3 Bit poster

I have now been talking to Parallels about this isue and, at their request, have sent them copies of the email I received and the page produced by the faulty download links. As soon as I hear from them I will post on here again.

Mike

6. MichaelT3

MichaelT3 Bit poster

Just received the reply and, as you may now also have seen, Christopher1, the email offering us the free upgrade was a mistake on thier part - it shouldn't have been sent out as Parallels 11 is not yet ready for release. They were testing something. I just hope the fact we got that email still means we will get the free upgrade!

7. Bateau

Bateau Bit poster

Well it looks like not only Parallels did send emails out by mistake, they also added a Parallels 11 upgrade key to my account. I wonder if those keys will be removed shortly or if they'll be honored when 11 comes out.

8. MichaelT3

MichaelT3 Bit poster

Yes, I go t a P11 key too! My fingers are crossed!

9. Christopher1

Christopher1 Bit poster

Yes I also got a key and in the email stating the mistake it does say when 11 is released we will receive the right download link. So hoping for this to be correct. I have to say so far Parallels 10 works great with Windows 10.

10. MichaelT3

MichaelT3 Bit poster

Well whoopee! Parallels 11 arrived, installed with no problems and running Windows 10 beautifully so far in Coherence mode, full screen on my 27" iMac. Loving it so far. Thank you Team Parallels!