Dear Parallels Team
The following lacks I discovered after upgrading to 3.0:
-If I switch between Mac OS X an Parallels fullscreen mode it always set me back to the screenresolution of 640x480 in Windows XP and I have to setup again the right resolution.
Before 3.0 I never had such a problem.
-If I shot down Windows in Parallels and restart it I always get the error "Unable to open disk image Boot Camp!". This error occured in 2.5 as well but the solution was to restart parallels and it worked after it. Since 3.0 I have to restart Mac OS X to make it work !
One other solution to this problem is when an application has a file open from the boot camp image these error also occurs but that was not in my case.
-I use Ashlar Cobalt v7 SP2 in Parallels Windows XP. There are basic displayproblems in 3D workarea since 3.0 which makes it impossible to work with Cobalt anymore. The solution to this problem is to uninstall the new paralles videodriver and work with the standard vga-driver of windows!
-I tested Collin Mc Rally and was very disapointed about the speed it works. I would say unplayable !
All in all I'm very disapointed about the latest version of parallels. It has more DISadvantages than the versions before!
Well you have my money now for the upgrade and I hope you solve all those problem !
Regards
Alain
The following lacks I discovered after upgrading to 3.0:
-If I switch between Mac OS X an Parallels fullscreen mode it always set me back to the screenresolution of 640x480 in Windows XP and I have to setup again the right resolution.
Before 3.0 I never had such a problem.
-If I shot down Windows in Parallels and restart it I always get the error "Unable to open disk image Boot Camp!". This error occured in 2.5 as well but the solution was to restart parallels and it worked after it. Since 3.0 I have to restart Mac OS X to make it work !
One other solution to this problem is when an application has a file open from the boot camp image these error also occurs but that was not in my case.
-I use Ashlar Cobalt v7 SP2 in Parallels Windows XP. There are basic displayproblems in 3D workarea since 3.0 which makes it impossible to work with Cobalt anymore. The solution to this problem is to uninstall the new paralles videodriver and work with the standard vga-driver of windows!
-I tested Collin Mc Rally and was very disapointed about the speed it works. I would say unplayable !
All in all I'm very disapointed about the latest version of parallels. It has more DISadvantages than the versions before!
Well you have my money now for the upgrade and I hope you solve all those problem !
Regards
Alain