Upgrade to 4.0.3846 for Leopard failed

Brad Willey

Bit poster
This is now the problem. When I try to launch my quest OS "Cant find bootable Master IDE drive... Error loading operating system".
How insane that an update would cause this headache.

A MAC man forced to work in a PC world.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
 
I've had this several times before. Don't worry, the fix is quick.

With the virtual machine selected (it should not be running) choose the 'Configure' option.
This brings up a rather large dialog box with lots of options on the left pane. Scroll down until you see the 'Hardware' options and then choose the 'Hard Disk 1' option. You should then see the Hard Disk 1 options appear on the right side of the dialog box.

Simply re-select the correct drive from the pull down list (In my case it only had one option) and then pick the correct 'Location' from the second pull down list. The 'Location' should almost always be IDE 0:0 unless you've done something odd in your setup.

Choose ok and you should be able to restart your VM.
 
I've done tech support by phone so I am asking for a few more details before I can help:

1) When you say "my options are greyed out" do you mean that the Configuration Dialog Box won't let you change anything? Is it only the section of the box labeled "options?" or the "Hard Disk 1" pull-down menu is greyed out?

I am running an actual Boot Camp Drive that I sometimes run in Parallels, are you running and actual virtual machine with no Boot Camp partition?

Bob
 
I unistalled then reinstalled Parallels and my problem was solved. I wish I would have tried that earlier. Thanks for your help.
 
Back
Top