Upgrade to P7 - Network Error \\.psf\Home\Desktop

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by pranamedia, Sep 13, 2011.

1. pranamedia

pranamedia Bit poster

My mac os is 10.6.8 and I upgraded from parallels 5 - 7. Now all of a sudden windows 7 is having network errors:
    Windows cannot access \\.psf\Home\Desktop diagnose doesn't help. All versions are up-to-date. anyone else having this issue?

2. annett

annett Bit poster

Network Error \\.psf\Home\Desktop

pranamedia,

It looks like Parallels Tools were incorrectly installed. Please remove Parallels Tools item from Control Panel (Programs and features), Windows will reboot. After that from Parallels Desktop menu on top go to Virtual machine - install Parallels Tools.
    If the error still persists, please post the problem ID here, you can obtain the ID following KB instructions:
    http://kb.parallels.com/en/9058

3. AmyStewart

AmyStewart Junior Member

The instruction you provide is very simple yet very helpful. I have the same problem and glad that you shared also the link. The information you provided in the link helps a lot [​IMG]

4. DavidJL

DavidJL Bit poster

Hi Annett,

I have just tried your solution on my Mac Book Pro Retina. Despite that, in my case, even though I removed and then reinstalled Parallel Tools as you suggest, my machine does not make a connection to my network and, as a result, I don't have a connection to the internet. In addition, when I click on the Parallels Shared folders icons on my desktop, the Home Share folder has yellow yield sign on it although when I click it I am able to get to my folder on the Mac side. Do you have any suggestions on how to solve the network connection problem and is that connected with the shared folder problem?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

5. Elric

Elric Parallels Team

Hi,

I can't promise that I can help with Shared Folders, but what about connection to internet:

Please make sure that you are using Shared Networking. Then click Start -> Run and execute cmd.exe. Type in the appeared window command "ipconfig /all" (make sure that all output fits to the window). Then, without closing the window, click Parallels Destkop menu "Help"->"Report a Problem", send a problem report (it is not necessary to provide description) and post here the report ID.

6. Sven-H

Sven-H Bit poster

I had the same problem today with a new version of parallels 7 (7.0.15107). I downloaded the (german) manual from parallels and followed the instructions to deinstall and install the parallel tools on mac (lion). After that I installed parallel tools from the menu virtual machines of the parallel desktop. No everything fine again.
    Thanks!

7. I have Parallels 7 and Mountain Lion I run Windows 7 64 bit. I have re installed tools a couple of times. Still get network issues where Windows says I am not connected. Even though many times it does connect to the internet. But you know I have always had some quirk with Parallels off and on since Lion and its just become worse with Mountain Lion.
    I am afraid to upgrade to Parallels 8 because it looks as though their is just another set of issues with that version.
    Maybe its not Parallels its Apple's OS X Mountain Lion. I wished I had never upgraded to it.

8. Widmaster

Widmaster Bit poster

Same problem here

After upgrading to Mountain Lion I keep getting Network Error \\.psf\Home\Desktop with both Parallel 7 AND 8.

I thought that upgrading to 8 would solve the problem but it is not the case.

When I try to open a powerpoint on the mac desktop, powerpoint starts but gives my the "Network Error \\.psf\Home\Desktop" error. Then I can open the file by browsing to it using the open menu in powerpoint.

Note that most of the Windows program are now sometime veeerrrrrryyyyyy slow when it comes to opening/listing/saving files.