Upgrade to Parallel 6?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by GonzaloF, Oct 24, 2010.

1. GonzaloF

GonzaloF Bit poster

Hi,

I am using Parallels Desktop 5 for a year now, not problem whatsoever, but now I am considering whether to upgrade to 6 or not?
    I have read about some problems in regards of the license key when upgrading up to 6, also Blue Screens for the 32 bits Windows Applications.

Then, those who already went to the process, it is recommended an upgrade?

Can you let us know your experiences?

Thanks very much

2. grembo

grembo Bit poster

I had many problems and downgraded back to 5. I would suggest you to wait a few more months (especially if you have no issues using PD5) until the new version stabilizes.

3. joevt

joevt Forum Maven

Or you could try the trial version of PD 6 now. Uninstall 6 and reinstall 5 if 6 is unusable. Otherwise, buy 6 if it works ok for you.

4. TristaJ

TristaJ Member

I wouldn't do it. I had to go back to version 5. Way too many issues.

5. GonzaloF

GonzaloF Bit poster

TristaJ,

I followed the advise and already running it.
    And, I cannot feel much improvement with version 6. Also many of the old options/menu are gone!!! It is more simplistic overall.
    So far, not crashes or alike, it seems fine but I feel Desktop5 was bit better than this release.

Possibly gamers can love this one but I am not within that range but using production systems then I guess I should not feel a great improvement.

Thanks very much