Upgrade to Parallels Desktop 11 not accepting old Desktop 9 license key

stevenw2

Bit poster
I am trying to upgrade to Parallels Desktop version 11 so I can upgrade to Windows 10. According to;

http://kb.parallels.com/en/123279

"If your previous version key is for Parallels Desktop 8 or earlier, please visit the Parallels Online Store to purchase a full license for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac:" - the implication being that for versions > 8 you do not need to buy a new license. So I downloaded from the link in that page and followed the instructions, including entering my boxed product license key, only to be told that;

"This key cannot be used with Parallels Desktop Build 11.2.2. For details, click here" - the link simply suggests I'm using a version <= 8

I am given the option of buying a new license but I'm worried that something else is amiss. I am using OSX 10.9.5. Any help gratefully appreciated
 
Hi Paul,
I supplied the info you requested but have had no reply in the private conversation window. As a developer Im concerned that I can no longer access my windows partition. I'm desperately hoping I dont have to dig out an old backup
regards
...Steve
 
Hi Paul,
I supplied the info you requested but have had no reply in the private conversation window. As a developer Im concerned that I can no longer access my windows partition. I'm desperately hoping I dont have to dig out an old backup
regards
...Steve
Please check your private message and reply us so that we can assist you further.
 
I am trying to upgrade to Parallels Desktop version 11 so I can upgrade to Windows 10. According to;

http://kb.parallels.com/en/123279

"If your previous version key is for Parallels Desktop 8 or earlier, please visit the Parallels Online Store to purchase a full license for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac:" - the implication being that for versions > 8 you do not need to buy a new license. So I downloaded from the link in that page and followed the instructions, including entering my boxed product license key, only to be told that;

"This key cannot be used with Parallels Desktop Build 11.2.2. For details, click here" - the link simply suggests I'm using a version <= 8

I am given the option of buying a new license but I'm worried that something else is amiss. I am using OSX 10.9.5. Any help gratefully appreciated
Hey, could you please provide us with your purchase order details and your new and old license keys.
Please send it via the private messages.
Thanks
 
Hey, could you please provide us with your purchase order details and your new and old license keys.
Please send it via the private messages.
Thanks

I have done this already, but I get no response - or a generic response like "pls follow the link provided for instructions on how to upgrade" - the trouble is I HAVE followed the instructions. I am trying to upgrade to v11 not 12! And it won't accept my old v9 key... which I have already sent you. According to your instructions, it should accept the old key. Maria if you could start a new private conversation I will send you the key again. I am currently using a 'free trial' key for the time being
regards
...Steve
 
I have done this already, but I get no response - or a generic response like "pls follow the link provided for instructions on how to upgrade" - the trouble is I HAVE followed the instructions. I am trying to upgrade to v11 not 12! And it won't accept my old v9 key... which I have already sent you. According to your instructions, it should accept the old key. Maria if you could start a new private conversation I will send you the key again. I am currently using a 'free trial' key for the time being
regards
...Steve
We've requested for a few information in a private message. Please check & respond.
 
I have done this already, but I get no response - or a generic response like "pls follow the link provided for instructions on how to upgrade" - the trouble is I HAVE followed the instructions. I am trying to upgrade to v11 not 12! And it won't accept my old v9 key... which I have already sent you. According to your instructions, it should accept the old key. Maria if you could start a new private conversation I will send you the key again. I am currently using a 'free trial' key for the time being
regards
...Steve
Please check your private message and respond with activation key.
 
Back
Top