Upgrade to Parallels seems to cause Outlook to open in Safe mode

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Glen_Parallels, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Glen_Parallels

Glen_Parallels Junior Member

Just today I loaded the update that has been offered for some time whenever I launch Parallels on an iMac.

As soon as Windows launched, I straightaway found that Microsoft Outlook would only open in Safe mode, so denying me access to customised toolbars and some add-ins.

I cannot find any way to start Outlook without it going straight into Safe mode and it gives no information about why it is doing this.

From web searches, I have un-checked all add-ins but it makes a difference. The main add-ins I'm aware of adding in recent months are for Dragon Naturally Speaking and a Sperry Software 'always BCC' and- in.

This is very frustrating so I would appreciate any assistance please.

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Try reinstall Parallels Tools as per this article and if the issue still persists, follow this article and let us know how it goes.

3. Glen_Parallels

Thankyou for your advice.

As I am on a time critical project this week I don't have time to do this right now, so is there an easy way I can roll back Parallels to the previous version that was working alright with Outlook and then come back to look at this when I have more time?

Thanks.

4. Glen_Parallels

Hello again

Thankyou for the suggestion. I have since found out that the problem is a Microsoft update KB3114409 which causes Outlook 2010 to go stupid, so deleting that update solves the problem.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. Hi, thank you for sharing this info with us.