Upgraded my laptop to Mac OS X Mavericks and Parallels desktop 9 won't start now??

JoeFlanagan

Bit poster
Hi I am new to the forum. I have quite the urgent issue. I upgraded my Mac software from Mac OS X Snow Leopard to Mac OS X Mavericks today as it was a free upgrade but now when I went to open Parallels it comes up with the following error message ' Desktop cannot be started. Please uninstall and reinstall Parallels and try again. ' The problem ID is 15431. I am using windows 7 with Parallels 9 and I have some very important work on the Windows 7 that I can't afford to lose. If I uninstall Parallels and reinstall it will I lose everything on Windows 7 and how do I go about doing this in order to save the information on Windows 7??

I would greatly appreciate a quick response as the I need the information on the Windows 7 operating system for a big project due at the end of the week.

Thank you so much for the help.

Joe
 
Uninstall has no effect on the VMs.

Just reinstall Parallels on top of the current install.
 
Back
Top