Upgraded OS and Parallels, now windows VM won't boot

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by biomonk, May 10, 2020.

1. biomonk

biomonk Bit poster

I recently upgraded a Mac running Mountain Lion and Parallels 7 to High Sierra. Parallels 7 would not run on high sierra so I am currently evaluating Parallels 15, with 8 days left to solve my issues and determine if I should continue using this product.

My Windows 7 (boot camp partition) parallels machine will not boot since the upgrade of the OS and Parallels. It states: "Failed to configure the Boot Camp partition's hard disk" in an error box before failing to boot. I've confirmed that it is referencing the correct hard drive/partition. I've attached a screenshot.

I then attempted to add a new VM to my parallels installation, thinking I could just create a new one, but saw no option to use an existing boot camp partition. Is this no longer supported in Parallels 15?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. Hello, could you provide us with your virtual hard drive size please?

3. biomonk

biomonk Bit poster

Thank you for your reply Maria,

The Virtual hard drive shows as only being 3.2MB. Again, this VM was using my existing boot camp partition, so I wouldn't expect it to have a significant file size. I have attached a screenshot of the "get info" dialog for the .pvm file.

I look forward to any help you can provide.

Attached Files:

4. biomonk

biomonk Bit poster

Well, my trial has now expired and I have not received a response. I certainly won't be upgrading as you have not helped solve my problem, and now I can't even test any proposed fixes without purchasing. I will now be looking into your competitors products.

5. Please accept our apologize for the inconvenience caused and please check you inbox.