Upgraded to Build 8.0.18608 - Parallels Tools gets stuck on 55 or 57%

stuzoo

Bit poster
Hi All,

Just upgraded to Build 8.0.18608, and for some reason when i try to install Parallels Tools it gets stuck on 55 or 57%.

Anyway to fix this?

Thanks,
Stuart
 
Same here. Is there any fix available? This is the 2nd time this happens after an update.
The previous build worked (after all). Can I download this version again as it's not mentioned on this pages with older versions: http://kb.parallels.com/en/5802

Thanks.
 
Last edited:
Hey, I was wondering if you found a solution. I attempted to update to this build, and it stopped at 60%. Now, nothing works. At first, it kept attempting to install the parallels tools and would keep stalling at the same 60%. Now, it just keeps telling me that I'm going to be logged out to update my sharing profile and it restarts the virtual machine (over and over again!). I wish I didn't update to this build. My VM worked beautifully and now that I've updated, nothing is working as it should. The development team should have taken more care to work out these bugs and kinks before it was released to the public. The update was supposed to solve issues (ones I didn't have), instead it brought a world of new issues and my classes are starting in less than a week. The only solution that Parallels is offering is to reinstall everything, which of course is of no use to me because I'd have a hell of a time trying to get the licenses for all of my software again (most of it was licensed to me from my school while I was doing research and since I'm not on those particular projects anymore, I'm sure I can't get a copy of the license again).
 
I downgraded to PD7... The only solution that worked. PD8 isn't what I expected from it regarding updating. It happened twice yet and in a working environment I can't afford to consume too much time solving these kind of problems.

The first time I had a conflicting virusscanner but this time this wasn't happening since I have solved this by removing the av software.
 
Back
Top