Upgrading from OS X 10.8.5/Parallels 9 to El Capitan/Parallels 11?

SkyeSurfer

Bit poster
I'm currently running Parallels 9 on OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion). I'm trying to upgrade both the OS and Parallels to the latest versions. The upgrade notices I've received from Parallels say "Before you upgrade to OS X El Capitan, be sure to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.", so I was under the impression that Parallels should be upgraded first, however the installer for 11 doesn't run on 10.8.5.

Does anyone know if I can upgrade to El Capitan and then upgrade from Parallels 9 to 11 without losing my virtual machine or messing anything else up?
 
I'm currently running Parallels 9 on OS X 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion). I'm trying to upgrade both the OS and Parallels to the latest versions. The upgrade notices I've received from Parallels say "Before you upgrade to OS X El Capitan, be sure to upgrade to Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.", so I was under the impression that Parallels should be upgraded first, however the installer for 11 doesn't run on 10.8.5.

Does anyone know if I can upgrade to El Capitan and then upgrade from Parallels 9 to 11 without losing my virtual machine or messing anything else up?
Yes, you can install Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac after the upgrade installation to Mac OS X El Capitan.
 
Back
Top