Upgrading from Parallels 8

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by saml2, Nov 22, 2015.

1. saml2

saml2 Bit poster

Ive got 2 licenses for Parallels one 7 and one 8.

I had these on 2 machines that have now hard clean installs wiping the HD so both version are no longer installed. Ive now updated one of the machines to OSX Yosemite and as ive read online Parallels 8 will not work on Yosemite.

How can i upgrade to the latest Parallels from version 8 ? When i go online i can only see how to upgrade for version 9 or greater.

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hello Sam, Customers who are using Parallels Desktop 8 or the earlier versions are not eligible for upgrade pricing for Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac. If you would like to take advantage of all Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac features, you will need to purchase a full copy of Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.

3. saml2

saml2 Bit poster

Hi Paul,

Is it possible to upgrade to a lesser version ie. go from 8 to 10. (instead of 9 to 11). ?

Regards
    Sam

4. ManojK@Parallels

ManojK@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Sam, from the release of Parallels Desktop 11, we are no longer selling Parallels Desktop 10 upgrade and upgrades are not available with third party re-sellers. If you would like to take advantage of all Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac features, you will need to purchase a full copy of Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.