Upgrading without previous version installed

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MattJ3, Nov 21, 2018.

1. MattJ3

MattJ3 Junior Member

I had an old Mac with Parallels 12 installed, and have just bought a new MacBook Pro. I want to install Parallels again but thought I'd upgrade to the latest version (14). Can I pay the reduced upgrade price and then install it even though the previous version I owned (12) isn't installed on this Mac?

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @MattJ3 , are you looking to use upgrade to version 14 on one mac and Parallels Desktop 12 on another mac?

3. MattJ3

MattJ3 Junior Member

Hi Arun. In short, no. I own Parallels 12 on a Mac I am now disposing of as I have bought a new one. So currently on my new Mac there is no version of Parallels installed, so I want to know if I can use an upgrade version to install 14, or do I need to first install 12 using the licence I already own (but that is on the old Mac I am disposing of), and then pay to upgrade to 14?

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @MattJ3, you can simply download and install Parallels Desktop 14, no need to install version 12 on your new Mac. You have to enter both license keys if you will get a prompt to enter the license keys.