URL redirection

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by dkcolli, Apr 16, 2008.

1. dkcolli

dkcolli Guest

I've published an URL on our AppServer (Version 6.0 build 419) and published it to my clients (Version 6.0 build 419).

I've enabled both servers in my farm to Allow Client URL/Mail Redirection. I've also set the Farm Properties on my clients to Redirect URLs to client.

However, when clicking on the URL, the web browser on the server is being evoked. The redirect is failing.

What other steps must I perform to ensure clicking on a published URL launches the client's browser and not the servers?

Thanks...

2. nixu

nixu Guest

Hi,

Currently URL/Mailto Redirection works as specified by Microsoft by using the "Shell execute hook".

Unfortunatly, not all application make use of Shell execute to launch a URL or e-mail client.

To confirm if this is working correctly, publish the 2X Application Server Console, go to the Help - About. Click on the email and the email client on your machine should be used. Click on the URL and the browser on your machine should be used.

Nixu

3. dkcolli

dkcolli Guest

I'm not publishing an application. I'm just dragging an URL to Published Resources.

Is it possible to redirect an URL using this method?

4. MickM

MickM Guest

I'm having the same problem. All I want to do is have a link to a URL that forwards request to the URL link

5. s0kud0

s0kud0 Guest

I am having an issue with one of our apps that I assume is not using the "correct hooks" so I tested using the published console method mentioned above which worked.. I then proceeded to try using a Microsoft product and I published Microsoft Word which launches URL's using the server IE.. has there been any changes or improvements in this in the last 4 years?

Thanks,
    Charles

6. Which versions server/client you are using ?
    When you test it with published Word does it just text link in document or something else ?
    Which version of Word in use ?

7. s0kud0

s0kud0 Guest

sorry I should have put that.. 6.2 for server and client (I just updated to 8.0 client with no luck and am updating the server tonight to 8.0).. Word 2003 and I am just clicking on one of the online help links on the right side toolbar..

Charles

8. creator

creator Guest

thanks for sharing the information...