USB and Webcam does not work after update

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by GuenterP, Dec 12, 2015.

1. GuenterP

GuenterP Bit poster

Hi everyone, does anyone have the same problem. Since I updated to Parallels 11.1.1 (32312) whenever I try to connect a USB-Device to Windows 10 it completely kills the device, not only in Windows, but also on my MAC. For example if I try to connect the built in MAC-Camera, it stops working completely and gets deleted from my device List in OSX also!
    Does anyone have tzhe same problem and found a way to fix it? or is it one of the usual parallels errors after an Update?

Thank you for your help!

GP

2. Manu@Parallels

Manu@Parallels Guest

Hello GuenterP,
    We need you to submit a Problem Report and provide us with its ID number. Please follow this KB article to submit Problem Report: http://kb.parallels.com/9058
    NOTE: Please submit a report while reproducing the issue and provide us with generated ID number.

3. GuenterP

GuenterP Bit poster

Problem report send. ID is 83348551. For Info I have this Problem on everyone of my macs, so it must be a common problem.

4. GuenterP

GuenterP Bit poster

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi Guenter, please disconnect the USB device from Mac physically and reconnect it back. The device will become available in the virtual machine.
    To return device connectivity back to the Mac OS, disconnect it from the virtual machine via the Devices menu -> External Devices and check how it work

6. GuenterP

GuenterP Bit poster

Hello PaulChris, tried to do that. does not work. The USB Device disappears again. As I said, it happens on all my Macs and as you can see on the thread in mentioned above not only to me. There seems to be a general Softwarebug in parallels.

7. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Dear all, we're currently working on it with our Development. Unfortunately we do not have ETA for the fix, it has been prioritized appropriately and you can track the changes in the product at http://kb.parallels.com/123410