Problem: Garmin GPS cannot be connected to virtual machine using USB
Data: Mac OS X 10.5.4, Parallels Build # 5608, iMac 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, RAM: 2 GB, 500 GB HDD, BootCamp configuration: NO, upgrade from a BETA: yes, Parallels Tools installed: YES
With what Build did the problem start: just now - newer tried before with GPS
Anything you have tried to get things working:
I followed advice as in article "USB Devices Being Used by Another Process" http://kb.parallels.com/en/5053 (advices A and B) without success. It always returned "USB Devices Being Used by Another Process" message back.
When Connection option was set to Ask me what to do, it was a loop: first it asked, I agreed to connect, it said ...used by another process..., I confirmed, it asked again.... and so on
Additionally I tried to switch USB flashdisk between OS X and Win and back using Devices - USB in Parallels Desktop menu bar (it worked) and iSight camera (it did not work - no tick sign on the side).
Error message:
USB Devices Being Used by Another Process
Regards,
Roch
Data: Mac OS X 10.5.4, Parallels Build # 5608, iMac 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, RAM: 2 GB, 500 GB HDD, BootCamp configuration: NO, upgrade from a BETA: yes, Parallels Tools installed: YES
With what Build did the problem start: just now - newer tried before with GPS
Anything you have tried to get things working:
I followed advice as in article "USB Devices Being Used by Another Process" http://kb.parallels.com/en/5053 (advices A and B) without success. It always returned "USB Devices Being Used by Another Process" message back.
When Connection option was set to Ask me what to do, it was a loop: first it asked, I agreed to connect, it said ...used by another process..., I confirmed, it asked again.... and so on
Additionally I tried to switch USB flashdisk between OS X and Win and back using Devices - USB in Parallels Desktop menu bar (it worked) and iSight camera (it did not work - no tick sign on the side).
Error message:
USB Devices Being Used by Another Process
Regards,
Roch